Fellow of IEEE, OSA, SPIE, IAPR.
Founding Director of SmileLab
Khoury College of Computer Science (Affiliated)
E-mail: yunfu AT ece Dot neu Dot edu
I am always looking for excellent Ph.D. students, and PostDocs to work on Artificial Intelligence topics. Please send me your CV if interested. Please only apply for the College of Engineering, CE Ph.D program.
Research Interests: Artificial Intelligence -- Machine Learning, Computational Intelligence, Big Data Mining, Computer Vision, Pattern Recognition, and Cyber-Physical Systems
Academy and Fellow: IEEE Fellow (since 2019), OSA Fellow (since 2019), SPIE Fellow (since 2018), IAPR Fellow (since 2016), ACM Future of Computing Academy (since 2017), Global Young Academy (GYA member), Beckman Institute (Beckman Graduate Fellow, 2007-2008).
Young Investigator Award (7): [ Grainger Foundation Frontiers of Engineering Award], [2016 IEEE CIS Outstanding Early Career Award], [2016 UIUC ECE Young Alumni Achievement Award], [2015 National Academy of Engineering US Frontiers of Engineering], [2014 ONR Young Investigator], [2014 ARO Young Investigator], [2014 INNS Young Investigator].
Best Paper Awards (11): [ACM TOMM Nicolas D. Georganas Best Paper Award 2019][ICCV19 Workshop RLQ Best Paper Award][IEEE Transactions on Affective Computing][ACM MM 2017 candidate][SPIE DS 2016], [SIAM SDM 2014], [IEEE ICME 2014 candidate], [IEEE FG 2013], [IEEE ICDM LSVA Workshop 2011], [IAPR ICFHR 2010], [IEEE ICIP 2007].
Industry Faculty Award (3): [2019 Konica Minolta Award],[2018 Zebra Award], [2017, 2016 Samsung GRO Award], [2015 Adobe Faculty Research Award], [2010 Google Faculty Research Award]
Associate Editor: ACM Transactions on Knowledge Discovery from Data (TKDD)(2020-), IEEE Transactions on Image Processing (TIP) (2018-), Knowledge and Information Systems (KAIS) (2017-), IEEE Computational Intelligence Magazine (2016-), IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks and Leaning Systems (TNNLS) (2013-2019), IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems for Video Technology (TCSVT) (2011-2015), Image and Vision Computing (IVCJ)(2015-), Neurocomputing (2008-2016), International Journal of Pattern Recognition and Artificial Intelligence (IJPRAI) (2011-2018), Journal of Multimedia (JMM) (2009-2017), Journal of Electronic Imaging (JEI) (2014-2018).
Funding Agency($18million): NSF, NIH, ONR, ARO, AFOSR, ARL, DOD, DHS, NPS, NIJ, CIA, DARPA, IARPA, IC, NGA, Google, Samsung, Adobe, MIT Lincoln Labs, Mathworks, National Academy of Engineering, Grainger Foundation, etc.
Commercialization and Entrepreneurship: Founder of Giaran [Acquired by Shiseido(Stock 4911:Tokyo) in 2017], Co-Founder of Tvision Insights.
- 03/2020, $150k, 2020 JPMorgan Chase Faculty Research Awards
- 03/2020, $450k, STR: Multimodality Face Recognition
- 02/2020, 7 papers accepted by CVPR20!
- 12/2019, One paper accepted by ICLR20, TNNLS and TPAMI, respectively!
- 12/2019, I accepted invitation to be Associate Editor for the ACM Transactions on Knowledge Discovery from Data (TKDD).
- 11/2019, 3 papers accepted by AAAI20 respectively!
- 10/2019, we received the ICCV19 Workshop RLQ Best Paper Award. Congratulations!
- 10/2019, we received the ACM TOMM Nicolas D. Georganas Best Paper Award 2019. Congratulations!
- 09/2019, $100k, received Konica Minolta Gift grant.
- 08/2019, One paper accepted by NeurIPS19, ICDM19, CIKM19, respectively!
- 08/2019, $5k, received Adobe Gift grant.
- 07/2019, 6 papers accepted by ICCV19!
- 06/2019, $529k, received NSF Award #1916839.
- 06/2019, $17k, received Adobe Gift grant.
- 05/2019, $50k, received phase II Global Resilience Institute seed grant.
- 05/2019, One paper accepted by KDD19, IJCAI19, CVPR19 respectively!
- 05/2019, I was promoted to be Full Professor!
- 04/2019, $50k, received Tier 1 funding.
Acknowledgements of Support
Last Update: 11-26-2019, Copyright 2004~2020, Raymond Fu, All Rights Reserved