||302 Dana Research Center|
Ningfang Mi is an Associate Professor in Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at Northeastern
University since Fall 2009. She received her Ph.D. from the College of William and Mary, Department of Computer Science in
August 2009, under the guidance of Prof. Evgenia Smirni. She received her M.S in Computer Science from University of Texas at Dallas in
2004 and her B.S. in Computer Science from Nanjing University in 2000. She was a recipient of 2015 NSF CAREER Award, 2014 AFOSR Young
Investigator Research Program (YIP) Award and 2010 IBM Faculty Award.
Dr. Ningfang Mi is the Director of the Northeastern University Computer Systems Research Laboratory (NUCSRL). Her research focuses on:
- Capacity Planning
- MapReduce/Hadoop Scheduling
- Cloud Computing
- Resource Management
- Performance Evaluation
- Workload Characterization
Honors and Awards
- 2018 The Best Paper Award at IEEE International Conference on Cloud Computing (IEEE CLOUD).
- 2017 The Best Paper Award at 36th IEEE International Performance Computing and Communications
- 2015 The NSF Faculty Early Career Development (CAREER) Award.
- 2014 The Air Force's Young Investigator Research Program (YIP) Award.
- 2010 The IBM Faculty Award.
[pdf] (updated by May
- I received The 2015 NSF Faculty Early Career Development (CAREER) Award!
- Congratulations to Yi! His paper "Self-Adjusting Slot Configurations for Homogeneous and Heterogeneous Hadoop Clusters" has been accepted by IEEE Transactions on Cloud Computing (TCC), 2015.
- Congratulations to Yi and Jason! Their paper "Admission Control in YARN Clusters Based on Dynamic Resource Reservation", has been accepted to the IFIP/IEEE Integrated Network Management Symposium (IM'15).
- I am serving as Publicity Co-Chair of 12th Intl. ACM/IEEE/Usenix Conference on
Autonomic Computing (ICAC'15), Grenoble, France, July 7-10, 2015.
- Congratulations to Janki! Her abstract "Predicting the Performance of Machine Learning Algorithms running on Heterogeneous Computing Platforms" has been accepted by WiML
2014 as an poster presentation!
- Congratulations to Yi! His paper "LsPS: A Job Size-Based Scheduler for Efficient Assignments in Hadoop" has been accepted by IEEE Transactions on Cloud Computing (TCC), 2014.
- Congratulations to Jianzhe on his successful Ph.D. thesis defense in July, 2014!
- Congratulations to Jianzhe! His paper "Load balancing for cluster systems under heavy-tailed and temporal dependent workloads" has been accepted to Simulation Modelling Practice and Theory (SIMPAT), 2014
- Congratulations to Yi, Jiaying and Jason! Our paper "HASTE: Hadoop YARN Scheduling Based on Task-Dependency and Resource-Demand" has been accepted by IEEE International Conference on Cloud Computing (Cloud'14).
- Congratulations to Jiaying and Yi! Our paper "FRESH: Fair and Efficient Slot Configuration and Scheduling for Hadoop Clusters" has been accepted by IEEE International Conference on Cloud Computing (Cloud'14).
- I received The Air Force's Young Investigator Research (YIP) Award 2014!
- Congratulations to Jianzhe! His paper "vFRM: Flash Resource Manager in VMware ESX Server" has been accepted by the IFIP/IEEE Network Operations and Management Symposium (NOMS'14).
- More ...